Monday, March 22, 2010

Farmers of Forty Centuries


This is a book that I just recently read and want to recommend to my followers here. It is a wonderful and enlightening book written around a hundred years ago by one of the USDA researchers who went on an extended information gathering trip through China, Korea, and Japan to study their agricultural practices. I couldn't put it down and I know you won't be able to either.

Some of the book can be quite dry since it was after all a report for the USDA on how we could utilize the successes of the Asian countries. Of course it was a wasted trip since it was never incorporated here as it is very labor intensive. Such a shame! You as an individual eco-farmer/gardener can and should consider some of their ideas into your plans. I am.

I give this book ***** stars!

No comments: