Friday, September 14, 2012

I hope everyone has a marvelous weekend! I will be spending it digging some holes for the new fruit trees that will be arriving in November. It is never too early to dig some really good "homes" for your babies before they arrive.

I like to add a lot of amendments to my planting holes to begin the composting process and have lot's of mycorrhiza beginning. The soil that the plants grow in is the most important part. Without good soil you will never have superior crops of any kind.

I planted two plum and two cherry this spring and will be planting two apple and two peach in November. Next year I will plant two pear and then I think that will do it for us here. We already have blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.  Ooooops, I forgot that I want to plant some Kewi vines!

I buy only from Stark Brothers. They always gave me the best trees for the money, even though they are far from cheap. I believe you get what you pay for and they do stand behind their stock.

OK, I'm off, so y'all take care but have fun! 

No comments: