Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Bamboo Jungle

The Bamboo Jungle It is a cool, rainy, day in south Alabama. Lousy Saturday for sure when you would like to be out working in the gardens.

I have been getting seeds started the past few weeks, but with electricity costs so high this year it is very difficult to keep heating mats going with any concience. I cannot even imagine what this is going to do to the cost of plants coming in from the northeast this spring.

I made some nice, comforting, chicken and dumplings for supper tonight when Db gets in from his shop. I know it will be a very welcome meal after being chilled all day. At our ages you have to be more careful about your health. Your immune system is not as strong as it was when you were younger and you can easily catch anything that is going around.

Chad-e is home with some kind of bug. Forgot to take his homeopathic Nosode for the flu two weeks in a row so I am assuming that is what he has. I started giving it to him and he is much better, but I still took him to the doctor on Thursday just to make sure it wasn't something really serious since his fever was spiking. He has a heart murmer so we take no chances. Strep and Flu both came out negative, but that could have been from the Colloidal Silver I was giving him every two hours. It was already probably knocking it out of him. Good to know, at least.

Well, I think I will go take a hot bath with my new book; Bachelor Brothers' Bed & Breakfast by Bill Richardson. It is light hearted, funny, and just what I need for a nice long soak. Later gator!

No comments: