Friday, June 26, 2009

Planting a Fedge....Say What?

I have been trying to think of a way to fence off some parts of our land that is inexpensive, not too difficult for we old farts to accomplish and that is attractive to all who see it.

In my many searches across the internet I cam upon the term "Fedge" which is a combo word meaning "fence" and "hedge". What it boils down to is making either a decorative fence or privacy fence from Willow rods from 5'-7' tall. You can read how to do it in an article I wrote on the subject on Associated Content. Just click on the title to this blog and it should take you right to it. If you like it and think others may also, pass it around.

Why I like "Fedges": They are natural, attractive, cheaper than any other kind of fencing, will keep small livestock and pets enclosed, and is a fun project for anyone who loves gardening.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Hi. I'm surfing the homesteading webloggers ring and came across your blog. I thought "fedge" was very clever! We have about 175 feet along the road we need a hedge for. Not sure it a fedge is the answer for that particular spot, but I can surely use one someplace!